With the countdown to Glastonbury getting closer and closer, festival season is officially upon us. This time of year heralds hot summer weather and quality time with your family and friends. Whether it be a music, food, outdoor pursuits, family or arts festival, there are all sorts of events across all corners of the British Isles and Fabsil is here to guide you through the mayhem, taking the uncertainty out of the celebration.
Primarily, you need to think about gear. What kind of festival are you attending and what equipment do you need to take with you? Camping festivals require a decent tent, sleeping bag, roll mat and rucksack to carry all your clothes and essentials. If you’re going with a group, maybe consider taking a gazebo and some fold-up chairs to unwind between the excitement. We all know that the British weather is notoriously unpredictable, but here at Fabsil, we won’t let rubbish weather put a damper on your day. Make sure your tent and equipment are ready for whatever the sky throws at you – rain, wind or sun, we’ve got you covered.
You really need to prepare for a festival, especially if you’re camping, and the only way to do this is by getting the gear you’ll need to survive tent life. If you’ve not done this before, Fabsil has put together a little list of items we deem essential to your festival experience.
Firstly, and most crucially, your vital pieces of camping kit. This is made up of the following:
- A decent tent. Make sure your tent is reproofed (Fabsil has you covered) because the last thing you want is to pitch up in a downpour and wake up submerged in rainwater. Definitely not an ideal situation.
- A down or synthetic down sleeping bag.
- A roll mat – to offer a comforting base to sleep on.
- A large rucksack. This will carry all your clothes, snacks and toiletries.
- A waterproof jacket (bonus points for taking a waterproof jacket that packs down to save space!). If your jacket is no longer waterproof, our sister brand Grangers has your back.
- Comfortable wellies/hiking boots. Top tip: ensure you’ve worn these in before the festival because you really don’t want to be getting blisters when you’ll be on your feet so much. To be on the safe side, pack some blister plasters – Compede is your friend! You can thank us later.
- A water bottle – to keep you hydrated throughout the day.
Once you have your camping essentials sorted, you can concentrate on the important extras:
- A fold-up chair – you’ll be grateful for a seat when chilling around the campsite.
- A warm hoodie, jumper or jacket – it gets cold at night!
- A portable phone charger. Phones can be very important at festivals, from capturing amazing moments to helping find your lost friends, you don’t really want your phone to give up the ghost.
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, suncream, hairbrush, wet wipes, deodorant, the list goes on…
- A bum bag or little backpack so you can keep all your essentials safe and to hand as chances are you’ll be away from your tent most of the day and night!
- A towel. Festival showers may be a rarity but in case you get the option, a pack-down camping towel can be a lifesaver.
- A spare set of clothes – just in case you get wet, muddy or covered in beer.
- First aid kit – most festivals will have a medical tent for any health-related emergencies, but it is always a good idea to bring a little kit with you to prevent small cuts, blisters and bruises from ruining your fun. Include paracetamol and ibuprofen, antiseptic cream, hand sanitiser and plasters to keep things clean and safe.
- Fabsil’s Seam Sealer – accidents happen! Maybe you get a tear in your tent or perhaps a seam pops, either way, pop Fabsil’s Seam Sealer in your festival essentials kit so it can have your back in case of a tent-related crisis.
Whatever sort of equipment you choose to take, we guarantee that Fabsil will protect it. The most important thing to clean and protect is your tent. Our Tent Care Kit caters to all your tent care requirements, cleaning and restoring the durable water repellency of the tent’s fabric. If you treat your tent with our Care Kit a couple of days in advance of the festival, you’ll give the Universal Protector time to dry and work its magic, effectively defending your tent from harsh rain and UV rays.
So here’s to making the most of those fabulous festivals and happy camping from all of us here at Fabsil.